Thursday, February 2, 2012

Taking time to love the little ones

Life can get so busy and we can be doing some really good stuff and checking off the To Do's left and right. Then you come up for air and see those precious little faces saying, "I need you Dad". That's when you need to step back and realize how crucial it is to love and adore those entrusted to you.

My youngest son is 2 1/2 years old and is wide open. He loves life and loves being loved on. I will come home from work and before I get ten feet into the house, I hear him yelling and running through the house trying to get to me. There have been a few times when I haven't given him my 100% attention at first due to his mother and siblings getting hugged or kissed. And it want last long before he starts to say, "Look at me, Look at me, Look at me".

I scoop him up, start to kiss all over him, tickle him and he eats it up! Then I just think about the big picture. Isn't that like all of us? We all want to be loved and appreciated. Make sure you let those around you know you truly love and appreciate them before they have to say, "Look at me, Look at me". Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment